Sunday, October 25, 2009

Fun Day at School and Stellar Sabbath

This past week was... a busy one. We worked a 6 day week and I was pooped by Saturday night. I've been a bit negative this week with complaining about work and how I've been slackin at the gym and today I realized... AGAIN... just how blessed I've been. This week was actually a great week. My kids were so stellar. I look forward to seeing my Pooh Bears every day and I never though that would happen. This week we've swapped classes, so I teach Pooh Bears second period rather than first and it really has made me miss seeing them first thing in the morning. But I always got a big welcome for second period. I know they love me and I just can't get enough of them these days!!
So on Saturday, we had a make up day for one of the days we had off from the swine flu scare. We got to take our kids outside and have a tug-a-war and make some goodies in the classroom. We had a lot of fun and here are some pics.

Cordelia was showing me how to bow properly in battle haha
I'm smiling in this picture, but I actually was feeling really competitive, so I helped my side out a bit. I couldn't help it, I've been so deprived of competition, I have to depend on the games we play with our kids to get my competitive kick for the day :) Oh and we won by the way... not that you ever doubted :)

We were killing them at this point, so I decided to back off and just cheer them on haha :) Elliott is looking quite intense in this pic... that's what I like to see :)

We're gonna have to work on Annika's competitive look... but doesn't she look adorable... what a cute jacket.

Best of 3 tug of war... my kids were getting focused and yes we won again!! :) They make me soooo proud :)

Dale stuffing his face while DannyS decides to play with his food.

I gave them cookie cutters to cut their sandwiches into cool designs.. they loved it!! This is Ginna admiring her perfect cut.

Annika stuffing her face and still looking cute as ever.
So on Friday night, all the preschool teachers went out for dinner at a great restaurant. I can't remember what the dish is called, but you get a big kettle put on a burner in the middle of your table filled with water. You can either choose seafood or beef. I chose beef. Then you get a huge dish of different salads and a huge plate of beef and onions and mushroom and you put it in the boiling water and cook it and eat. It was delicious! After you eat that, they bring you noodles to cook in the now flavored water. After you finish the noodles, they bring rice and little veggies and you make porridge. I was way to full after the beef and veggies, so I didn't eat the noodles, but I had a little spoon of the porridge and it was delicious. I'll have to go back and not eat as much veggies, so I can save room for a little of the other two dishes. It was a lot of fun going out with the teachers. Hayli got a pic of our table, but I haven't got it yet, so I'll post that once I get it from Hayli.
Today church was sooooo stellar. It makes such a difference when I pray before church to feel the spirit. In sacrament, they talked about the atonement. It really hit my hard and I just felt sooo great. After church, the Knuden's (senior missionary couple) invited me over for dinner as they had an investigator from Canada coming with the missionaries. I was more than happy to go as the Knudsen's are amazing cooks and are great company. It was the topping to a great day. The spirit was so strong through the whole meeting and I had the opportunity to share my testimony with Alex, the investigator. He is from New Brunswick and is a bit of an odd fella, but very kind and easy to talk with. He wants to be a comedian... his dream job. He loves pink panther... the real movies, which gave us something to talk about and I also found out that he is taking judo classes here in Korea. How cool is that!?!? I would love to get back into that and see how I woudl do and if I remember anything from my past judo experiences. He is reading the book of mormon and is very smart. The only thing that is holding him back is that he doesn't know if God really exists. He prayed tonight with us and I feel like he is feeling the spirit but is not aware of it. I feel like he is expecting a bright light to fall upon him and God come and tell him it's true. We talked about this and how the spirit works in small and simple ways. I think this was a new concept for him and I hope and pray that he will receive his answer soon. The Knudsen's are such a neat couple. I love spending time with them and chatting with them. They also took a picture with all of us, so when they post it on their blog, I'll snag it and put it up.
All in all.. I've had a great week with an absolutely stellar ending. This week I'm going to be more positive and quit taking advantage of the little time I have left here. Here's my plan so far... Monday.. work then FHE, Tuesday... go Halloween shopping with Hayli, Wednesday.. tutor Ben, Thursday... go to some show with some other ysa girls, Friday.. go to a Halloween party I was invited to last Sunday, Saturday... work and sleep, Sunday... have another stellar Sunday and then we have break the fast and a stellar fireside at the Rogers home... whew.. it's gonna be a busy week, but I'm ready. I'll start each day with prayer and a good work out and hit the hay early and it'll be a stellar week!!

4 comments:

lynz said...

great post krissy poo! love that you are going to make the best of the time you have left cuz even though you're busy at school and such, it's a still a great life you're leading over there and taking advantage of that sounds like a fantastic idea to me :) that restaurant sounds delicious and that's super cool about the knudson's. very true about the small things making the difference and hopefully he'll catch a glimpse of that as he keeps praying and going to church. it totally makes a difference when you pray before church and before every day really so good on ya for choosing to make each day over there a good day :) it is our choice after all, and it's good to remember that. you are such an amazing teacher, and i'm sure your pooh bears were just as sad not to see their kristen teacher in the morning. keep having fun over there chickee and we were on your saturday night but you weren't :( we'll have to hook up some time during your busy week! love you so much darlin - you're an inspiration and example to me, and i just think you're pretty amazing!

Anonymous said...

Dada said.....

Kristen's mission continues....... Aren't you glad you went on this kind of mission rather than one where you're possibly attached to some hag with perpetual pms for 24/7?

You've definitely established one thing: YOU are the person who's most responsible for making Kristen happy and choosing to be happy is both the first and most important step in achieving that.

THanks for blogging kiddo.....you made my day.

Anonymous said...

Dad also said.....

Do you realize how tall you are when you're surrounded by 6 year old kids. I think you've found your "niche spot" for your ultimate basketball feats. I can see the headlines now: Shaquille Hill Dominates in Korean Pre-School League Championships!!! One thing missing would be Shaq's bulk though. Are you shrinking away to nothing or what girlee?!?!

Mom said...

I can already hear your giggle as you try to help your little kids to win their match. Isn't it great to be competitive!!!! It makes it all even more fun!!! It really does look like those kids have a great attachment to you now and you to them. It's always the case that you have to have a "special" one or two. Now it does sound like you get it, make the best every day in Korea for WHO, for KRISSY POO!!!!!!! Make some great memories girlie and love every day over there. I love and miss you but we will see you soon.