Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Catch up!!


Now I have a REALLY good excuse of why I've been slacking so bad with blogging... FINALS!!! I am wrapping up my first year of the ed program. Last week and this week have been FULL of assignments and final exams and I truly wasn't sure if I was going to make it through.... but I did and I know only have 2 assignment and 1 more final to go!! Woot woot! So clearly nothing too exciting has happened these last two weeks, but before then I had a blast with some friends and fam.

For reading week, I headed down south to watch my best friend, Kenzie's last university basketball game. I put a little gift together for her and sat with her family while cheering on my bestie. They didn't come out on top, but I was sure proud of her and the huge accomplishment it is to finish 5 years of university ball in one piece!! She has pushed through this last year even though she really didn't want to always be there and I definitely think it was worth it.


After her game, we went out for dinner with her husband and the rest of her family, which is always a good time! Lucky girl got to head to Hawaii that night with her hubby and the rest of his family. They had a blast and I was jealous the whole time!

After dinner with the Sheens and Baldersons I headed over to Kara and Kimber Leavitt's to hang out with some them and some friends from Utah that came down. They were some boys that Kaitland and I sold with last summer: Toddy, Chase and Richard. It was great to see them again and wish we lived closer so we could hang out more often!

I spent the rest of reading week in Portland with my favorite Tolman family and I had BLAST!! Beckam is growing up so fast and he is getting so fun to hang out with. I spent numerous hours playing hide and seek or basketball in his room with him. Maddox and I started out slow as he pulled the shy card for the first day, but after that we were the best of friends!





I had an interesting trip home though... got stuck on the Amtrak train in Whitefish for 24hours because of snow and wind warnings..are you kidding me... my stop was next. Mom was a trooper and waited for me in Shelby, MT and we headed home Sunday night. It felt great to be home and I was not ready to head back to Edmonton to face the two weeks I am wrapping home just now :)



I spent last weekend hanging out with Cristy Duce and Kaitland while watching the college boys Final Four playoffs and we sure did have a blast together. On Sunday, Kait, Cars, Shelby and I went to the Bucknor's church and we sure enjoyed our time there. They were so welcoming and kind and going there always reminds me of the truth of our church and although others may be close, they don't have the full truth. Man do they love though! It was a really neat experience for the other kids too!

2 comments:

lynz said...

come back!

Anonymous said...

Dad said....

You blogged!!!!!! There is hope!!!! Sure glad you had a great break before hell weeks and I"m even gladder that hell weeks are over and done with. Just so you know.....a day will come, sooner rather than later.......that you will look back on these school challenges as the ind of things you could still do rather than some of the things you HAVE to do to earn your living. My advice: enjoy the heck out of it while you're doing it: "real life" is lurking around the corner.....