It has come time for me to do a little blog again. Something special has happened. Something spectacular! So the story goes like that... Dust and I went to church... after church Dust asked if I wanted to go for a walk on the bridge that goes over the river. I responded that there were a lot of bridges over rivers in Edmonton and wondered which one he had in mind. He replied that he drove past one a couple days before and knew where it was. So after church we got changed and ventured out to find this bridge that Dust wanted to walk over. He started driving and I immediately could tell that he wasn't sure where he was going, so I, very kindly, asked him if I could help him find this bridge and he said he knew where he was going. A few minutes later he pulled into an alley parking lot off of 109th and admitted he may be a little lost, but was pretty sure we were close, so we got out of the vehicle and started towards 109th street.
He pointed to the high level bridge and said "ya see... that bridge"! He could have said the bridge that goes over the sewage water river... but he didn't :) Just as I was about to head to cross the street, he stopped me and said to come this way, he wanted to show me something. Now Dust had been talking about looking at trucks and sharing his desire to buy one maybe, so I thought he was going to show me one of the trucks he wanted to look at. So we started heading south on 109th and after a few steps, he looked over at me with this huge grin on his face and said "can you see it?" I responded "Ummm what am I supposed to be seeing" I looked up in the sky and down on the ground and didn't see a darn thing. Just as I was about to lose my patience and tell him to explain what it was he wanted me to see, I looked up to the Garneau Theatre sign which had some movie's playing and at the bottom read "KRISTEN HILL WILL YOU MARRY ME!" I was speechless... like seriously... speechless :) (that was a first haha)

He turned me sideways and got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I nodded my head up and down (remember I was speechless) and took the ring ($1.50 one he got to hold me up till mine came in, which we've ordered and should be here in a couple weeks) and put it on my hand and gave him a big smooch on the lips with my arms wrapped around him :) Just as I was releasing he shot a thumbs up down the street and I looked where he was giving the sign and saw our dear friend, Jenni Peterson, who is doing our photos. He had called her up and asked if she would come and photograph the proposal!! Talk about creative eh!?!? He may have gotten a little help from my very close friend, Robin Norsworthy who I am living with right now :) I was pretty stinking impressed and so incredibly happy!!!!!

Dust and I have quite the history. I had quite a big crush on him in high school even though all the Raymond boys mocked me constantly about it. We hung out a little in our first year of college at LCC and then he headed on his mission to the Philippines. While he was on his mission, Kenzie and I became the best of friends, so when he came home I was hanging around Cardston and the Sheen's house quite a bit. At Christmas time, I was spending the night over at the Sheen's hanging with my bestie and it just so happened that Dust and I had a little cuddle sesh after Kenz had fallen asleep :) I headed back to Edmonton after the holidays and Dust made a trip up to visit to figure out where we stood. I may or may not have shut him down :( but for good reason.. I needed some more life experience :) So off to Korea I went while Dust dated a bunch of goonie girls trying to forget about the best looking, me, of course :)
When I came home from Korea, he was dating a girl named Kristi and I had a man myself. But fate played it's part and soon we were both single again. I made a few trips home throughout the year to visit family and Kenzie and it just so happened that he'd be around. We started hanging out some more and decided to give it another go. The difference with this time, is we were both in it the same amount and loved the time we were spending together. We skyped every night while I was in Edmonton and he down in Lethbridge. It just clicked this time. There's really no explanation, but that is felt exciting, fun, and right! We're having a blast together and are both very excited about our future together. We've had numerous friends and family say things like "It's about time you two got together" and "That makes so much sense, why didn't I think of putting you two together before", so we have a lot of support and love and are thankful for that!

So the date is August 27th, 2011 in the Cardston, Alberta temple! Save the date, cuz it's gonna be an amazingly perfect and stellar day!! :)
3 comments:
woohoo!!!!! soooooo excited :)
That is such a good story! Got me choked up! So excited for you, and you better take TONS of pictures at your wedding because I will not be there and that's killing me already! YAY FOR KRISTEN!
Dad says.....OKay............GREAT BLOG. I"m so happy for your Krista-belle. Everyone in life deserves to have someone they can be absolutely comfortable with/in front of/for. It warms my heart that you've found that person for you. Thanks for sharing....
Post a Comment