Tonight I got to thinking a little.. reflecting if you will... where has my spiritual desire for growth gone!?!?! Not that I have turned all rebellious and all, but tonight I was sitting on my bed and decided to log onto the lds.org website and check out some of the new mormon messages. I honestly don't remember the last time I logged onto the website and it made me a little sad. My scripture study hasn't been as prime as it should and my prayer really haven't been given a lot of sincerity or thought... they've become more robotic and that ain't cool yo!!
After watching one video on thoughts by new mission presidents, I felt inspired to be better, to serve more, to have more faith in Heavenly Father's plan and to serve those around me more whole-heartedly. I'm embarrassed to say that I've let Satan distract me a little. It is a very subtle change, but it has had an influence on myself. It took one little video to give me this reality check!

So... you are probably thinking... well what are you going to do about it... well...let me tell you! I am going to make effort to read something from an Ensign I choose from the LDS website daily. I remember when I decided to do this in Korea and although at the time I didn't think it was making THAT big of a difference in my life, I WAS happier, I WAS healthier... I WAS closer to my Heavenly Father and it felt amazing!! I don't want to settle for mediocre. I want to strive to be the best me I can, and I know how to do that... it's doing the little spiritual things daily and not becoming distracted by worldly things and thinking our lives are too hectic to spend 10 minutes reading scriptures or praying with real intent. So I make my re-commitment tonight and I am excited about it :)

Life is still great! I have amazing friends who I know love and support me. I have a family who lead by example daily and push me to be better in subtle and at times not so subtle ways :) I know the church is true and I am so thankful for the sacrifices Christ made for me through the atonement so that I can be forgiven for the many sins I have made and will make in the future. I'm thankful for the scriptures and the joy they can bring to one's life. The power in the Book of Mormon is undeniable and I am so thankful for the testimony I have gained and will continue to build on of the scriptures. I am thankful for the temples and the opportunity Dustin and I have to be sealed in the temple in 50 days :) (not that I'm counting haha) I watched a clip on the re-opening of the Hawaii temple and it was so neat to see the joy in the faces of those living there and how relieved and blessed they felt to have it open again! What a gift we have been given to have a temple SOOOO close and to have the opportunity to be in the Lord's house and to feel the protection and strong spirit within! I just simply feel blessed... the end :)
1 comment:
you go girl!!!! thanks for leading by example yourself :)
Post a Comment