Wednesday, July 11, 2012

First Burn of the Summer in July!!?!?!?!?

I know, what the heck eh!!?!? I'm usually the one who's already tan in the middle of May, but Newfie-land has been a little different than back home.  We've finally started having gorgeous weather!  Today the other wives and I went to 'Sunshine Park' where there was supposed to be a sandy beach.  We would call it more of a pebble beach... not sand though haha.  We had a lot of fun and although the wind was blowing pretty cool air, we all got a lil burnt!  I think I will sleep really well tonight.  Bring on the sun!!!!!!
 This is the lake that I walk around 2-3 times a week... the flowers were gorgeous this day!

On July 1st, we spend the day at Middle Cove where we had heard you can see whales from the shore and we did just that.  I guess thousands of little fish that the whales love to eat start moving in toward the shore into this little cove, so the whales come in pretty close.  I would say this whale was within 40 yards of us.  He was huge!  


 There were a few people out with nets catching the little fish.  They catch them and cook them up or cut them into chunks and put them in their garden.
  It was a beautiful July 1st and we had a great day out there.  In the evening the whole Vivint crew came out and we had a bonfire and set off fireworks.  Carson, Dust and Luke all go tackled into the water after a little competitive game at the office a few days prior.  I took a video of it all with Cars' phone and it was pretty hilarious and they were freezing at night from the cold ocean water!
                                     


 Last Sunday, we headed out to Cape Spear which is the most easternly part of North America.  The fog was coming in, but it was still a beautiful day and fun to walk around and take in the beauty!

 There was a cave that you could walk through, so of course the boys wanted to do some investigating inside!

It was so cool watching the waves smash against the rocks and the grass and trees are so green and lush!
Other than that, life is pretty much the same.  The boys work their hiney's off and I get to play in the sun (when it's out).  I'm 16 weeks prego this week and am feeling pretty much back to my normal self besides the fact that my stomach is growing bigger every week :)  I'm so glad to be over the sickness and am sooooo looking forward to our ultrasound on August 3rd :)

3 comments:

Mom said...

Fun blog and great pictures!!! YAH!!! It's only going to get more gorgeous so keep taking lots of pictures! Fun to hear of your adventures and fun time in Newfie!!

Jeremy, Lana, Brenna ,Mason, Owen and Sadie said...

I can;t wait for your ultra sound either! Yay! It sounds like such a fun adventure to spend the summer out east!

lynz said...

august 3rd august 3rd august 3rd!!!!! so exciting :) love the new pics and the beautiful place you live!!