Let me lay out the setting for you... I'm in the kitchen with a baggy T-shirt and lulu pants cooking hamburgers and salad. Got my country music playlist on shuffle in the background. It's been a busy busy day today and I'm ready for my hubby and Cars to get home for some down time. All of a sudden a tune catches my attention. I recognize it and my eyes start to well up a little and I'm not quite sure why yet. All of a sudden I am taken back to January driving home to Raymond with Dust with my knees held up to my chest crying as I hear this song and knowing that this will be my last trip to see and be with my Granny Hill. The song is called 'Holes in Heaven' by Blake Shelton and let me tell you, it doesn't matter how many times I hear that song, every time I have flashes of my best friend and I. But this time, it was a little different. I started thinking about December when we have our baby and thinking about how badly I wish my children could've got the chance to meet this amazing woman.
After pushes repeat 3 times and bawling the whole time (there may be a lil taste of salty tears in the salad tonight), I thought how neat it's going to be to tell stories and share experiences of my time and memories of not only my Granny Boo, but also my children's great Grandpa Hill and other great grandparents that may or may not be around for my children's life. Now this would happen any other day, but being preggo really brought on the tears and I just could not contain myself AT ALL for like 10 minutes. Felt good to be honest haha I've decided it's healthy to have a good bawl sesh every once in a while whether it's from watching a movie, listening to a song, or stubbing a toe while walking home from my walk (yes this happened and I did have a lil sesh haha).
I have been getting bugged to put a pick up of my ENORMOUS belly... so here it is people...
that's right 18 weeks and proud of my bump that no one believes is really a baby haha. I've had a few people tell me that they think I'm carrying further back and that's why I'm not showing as much as the 4 other people I know are due around the same time as me and they actually have a bump that looks like a baby's inside haha. I'm sure I'll be wishing I was back to this time soon enough where I barely have a belly, but I am excited to have that preggo belly where people KNOW you're pregnant and not just gaining a front tire around my belly haha.
I'm excited for tomorrow because it's St. John's civic holiday tomorrow called the Regata. It's kind of like a mini festival where they have rowing races and a bunch of tents with activities and food set up and it's held at the lake (Quidi Vidi) that I walk around all the time. I'm hoping the weather is beautiful!! I will make sure to take my camera and get pics.. promise haha
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Yup, got me boobing a bit too!! Love the pictures and new blog girlie! Such great memories!
yay for a belly shot!!!!
Post a Comment