She has been stealing all my time since her birth and I'm not complaining one bit! We have quite the little birth story so I'll start with that. So on December 24, 2012, Christmas Eve, I had a doctor’s appt with Dr. Godwin. Everything looked good. I was still measuring small, but they weren’t worried because of the ultrasound I had previously gotten. She checked to see how dilated I was and said the baby's head was REALLY low. She did her checking (very uncomfortable) and said I was maybe 1 cm and that I may spot a lil because of how she had to check me. After the appt, Dust and I headed out to Raymond to spend Christmas Eve with the Hill family. We went up to the cultural hall where the boys were playing some basketball and I decided to jump in and play a little myself. So at 39 1/2 weeks I was shooting, jumping (or at least trying) and running as we played bump a few times. I was feeling pretty good and agile. Dust was pretty impressed too :) We went to bed that night and I woke up at 4 a.m. and thought I needed to go to the bathroom, so I got out of bed and while walking there, I felt like I had pee’d my pants a little (oh dear), so I got to the bathroom and cleaned myself up and noticed that it wasn’t a yellow liquid but was clear. I then wiped again and my mucous plug came out. I had no idea what was going on. I started having some contractions in my front and back, but tried to go back to bed. I heard Aunt Lynz get up to feed Jeter, so I got up and told her what had happened and she wasn’t sure what was going on either because she had been induced with Beckam and Maddox and Jeter came through contractions. So back to bed again I went until we were woken up by Santa ‘HO HO HO’ing. By this point, I was feeling the contractions a little stronger. I told the rest of the family what had happened and mom said that when her water broke it wasn’t very much either and that she thought my water may have broken. Then Dr. Tollestrup came over to say hi on Christmas morning and I told him what happened and he said I should plan on having our baby in the next 24 hours. I was freaking out a little. The only day I didn’t want to have her was on Christmas haha I timed my contractions and they were very irregular, so Dust and I headed to Cardston in the late morning to go spend some time with the Sheens.
When I got to Cardston, Lyndsey called and said that if my water had broke that I needed to go to the hospital because there is a chance that the baby can get an infection if you wait too long. So Dust and I headed to the Cardston hospital where I told the doctor I was supposed to get my fluid checked. I also told the doctor what had happened and he did a stress test on the baby. He proceeded by telling me that I wasn’t in labor and it wasn’t my water that had broke AND that I probably wouldn’t have the baby for at least another week. We left the hospital and I was disappointed! I even cried, I know surprising that this emotional preggo mom cried yet again :) I think I just had built it up that we were finally going to meet our baby girl and the doctor just slammed it down. So we headed back to the Sheen house and continued to enjoy family time. I continued to have irregular contractions and felt like they were getting stronger and more uncomfortable. I barely slept that night as I was VERY uncomfortable and in pain from the contractions. I was dreading the idea of going through the next week or more feeling like that.
The next day we had pictures with the Hartley family (Brenda's side), so we headed back to Raymond for that. We got there earlier than everyone else and were just hanging out. Riley was goofing around and was trying to do a cartwheel. He then turned to me and said ‘ok Kris, your turn haha just jokin’, but I took the challenge and did a full out cartwheel at almost 40 weeks haha. I wasn’t gonna let Riley think I couldn’t do one :) I felt a little dizzy after, but was pretty proud of myself and again Dust was pretty impressed too :) Shortly after, I went to my mom and dad's house and was talking to Lynz about how I felt like I needed to call my own doctor just to let her know what had happened. She agreed, so I called. My doctor, Dr. Watke, responded by saying ‘uh that doesn’t quite add up to me. I want you to go to the Lethbridge Hospital and get your fluid checked’. Oh boy. So I called Dust who was watching Riley play at Sugar Bowl and we finished watching his game and then headed into Lethbridge with our truck full of Christmas presents we had been given. We got to the hospital at about 5:30 pm. I was sure we were going to be sent home and it was going to be nothing. About 10 minutes later, the nurse came back and said that my water had broke and that they were going to put me on the drip so they could get our baby out quicker. WHAT!?!?!? I was shocked, nervous, but excited!

Dust went home to get our hospital bag and anything else he thought we’d need and I started on the drip. At 9:30 my contractions were getting stronger and more painful and I got an epidural! Best decision ever! The nurse checked me and I was still only 1 cm dilated. At 12:30 a.m. she checked again and still 1 cm. I thought for sure they were going to have to do a c-section because of how long it had been since my water had broke. I went to sleep and woke up at 2 a.m. feeling A LOT of pressure. I told the nurse and she said it’s probably nothing, but that she’d check me. All of a sudden she was like ‘uh your fully dilated and we’re gonna have you start pushing’ WOAH! I pushed for 20 minutes and they had to tell me to try to stop pushing because the baby's head was coming out and my doctor wasn’t there yet, so I tried my best to just breathe through the contractions (again I cannot imagine doing it without the epidural!!!). The doctor showed up and two pushes later... ta da... there she was. She was absolutely perfect! She was wide eyed and beaming at us. She had so much hair just like I did when I was a baby and your Dust had quite a bit too. I couldn’t believe she was actually ours. At first glance, I thought ‘holy cow she is all Sheen!’ and I still think she looks a lot like a Sheen baby haha She was beautiful and so happy. They laid her on my chest and Dust and I were so in love! She measured at 6 pounds 8 ounces and 20 inches long. Dust held her in his arms and I could just see his heart melt. She had him wrapped around her finger in no time. My mom and dad just couldn’t hold back their excitement and they ended up driving in at 3:30 a.m. to come meet her! They didn’t stay long as it was late and we were exhausted, but they already could not get enough of her!
We are loving having her home with us! She has been such a good baby! She sleeps great most of the time. We put her down at about 11 and she wakes up at 5 and then sleeps till 8:30 or 9. She feeds great too, which is awesome! She loves to smile just before going to sleep and making kissy faces! I am absolutely loving being a mom and Dust a dad! We can't imagine our lives without her anymore and feel so blessed to have such a beautiful and healthy daughter! It's still kind of weird to think of myself as a mommy, but it's so fun and I just can't get enough of the lil angel!
3 comments:
Agggh!!!!!! She is just too stinkin cute!!! Kris- you are such a natural mama, and you look just so happy! I can't wait to meet the gorgeous little one, and see those big beautiful eyes in person!!!!!!
Thought I'd check to see if there was a new blog and was pleasantly surprised. Loved the blog and the pictures are adorable. She is a complete doll face!!!! Congrats to you both and this blog thing is great for your journal for little Maklyn! love you
love those pics and love the story!!!!!! can't wait for more and more and more maklyn time and snuggles :) love that little princess - even if she is a cheetah drama queen! haha
Post a Comment