So a few weeks after I had baby Maklyn, my motivated and 'inspired' older sis called me up with an idea. She wanted me to commit to running a half marathon in Canmore with her. She had just had a baby 3 months earlier than me. I was super nervous, but have always wanted to do one and who better to do one with than my own sista. So I committed.
The next day, I thought 'oh crap, what have I done'. Lynz was inspiring. She was sticking to her running schedule and kickin butt. I was a lil slower to jump on the training wagon, but was determined that somehow I was going to make it through the race!
Mak and I flew home from Fort McMurray and met mom and Lynz in Calgary where we met up with Lacey Poy and the running girls headed to Canmore to settle for the night before our race. I felt very unprepared, but knew I'd have my bestie beside me pushing me and that's exactly what she did.
We ran awesome! We ran our first 7 miles straight with no walking and took only a few walking breaks but pushed each other and both felt so good about what we had just accomplished! Mom and Mak were waiting at the end to cheer us on! Oh and did I mention that we found out after the race that it was the hardest half in all of Alberta (i think it was AB) and it was soooooo hilly!!! We just had to focus on putting one foot in front of the other.
It was such a great accomplishment and I was so glad to have my 3 month preggo sis right beside me. That's right.. she's amazing!! Lacey also kicked butt and left us in the dust. She's a killer runner! I said after that I didn't feel like I ever needed to run one again, but now that it's been a few months haha I feel like I do want to do another one sometime in the near future! We'll see what happens :)
We got to go home after and spend some time with the fam. Lots of snuggles with Mak, went to visit Granny and Grandpa Hill's graves on Mother's Day and go to go visit Grandpa and Grandma Sheen too :) We love visits with family!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment