Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Year Catch Up

First some random pictures... Here's mak with her bazillion 'buddies' she has to sleep with lol

Christmas Tree shopping ;)


 Halloween 2014

 Mak 'helping' with renos in the basement
 Ward Christmas party fun with Renne :)
Welp it's, again, been a while. I was reminded what a great idea this blog is and has been as it's a great way of keeping a journal and documenting our awesome life, so I'm at it again.  This last year has been a busy one.  We had another baby to start things off. Brigs DeWayne Sheen was born on August 22, 2014 and he quickly became our Brigsy Boy and has blessed our life so much these past 8 months!


When he was born, I was expecting another Sheen look alike as Maklyn just was so dominate Sheen, but Brigs definitely was not. He came out looking like his mama.  He has been a very different baby then Maklyn.  He had silent acid reflex and needed a lot of attention... like I couldn't put him down... ever haha  We 'brilliantly' decided to have him right before Dustin's big summer work with Vivint and this summer we were heading to Grande Prairie first.  Lucky he came a little early cuz he wasn't due till April 27th. 

Anyway, I have too much to catch up on... so in short, the summer was crazy. We moved like 10 times... moving from grande prairie to fort mac, home then back to grande prairie then back home.  Gong show! haha But we made it through and it turned out to be a pretty good summer. We got to live at home with all of Lyndsey's family for a few weeks and it was sooo fun!  When Dust finished the summer we moved in with the parents as we were looking for a house to buy!!!

And we found one and we love it!!! Our first home!! We shopped around quite a bit but the big selling feature for us was the bonus room above the garage.  Perfect playroom for the littles!!  We've been renovating the basement because we're going to suite it out which will be nice, but boy is renovating a lot of work!  It's starting to really feel like home as we're finally getting some pictures up and stuff, but still has a lot of work to do.

Lastly and mostly for my dad's request I will tell you my first off buck story.  Dustin has been wanting to get me to go out hunting with him for a while, but it just hadn't worked out, so we knew we were heading out to Cardston for his alumni tourney and it was the last weekend of deer season, so we decided to take advantage and it was a stinking cold and windy day... like -30 people! Oh and we had both kids in the back seat... :)  Long story short... after hiking up a hill and only finding lady deer, while army crawling in lululemon pants and a pink jacket... I was feeling very down and done with being in the cold.

We drove around a bit more and saw nothing!!! Finally on our way back... Dust all of a sudden spotted something in the foggy distance... a buck and it looked to be pretty good size.  He was over a couple hills but seemed to be heading straight for us, so dust drove up one of the hills and had me run up the second up and see if I could get a shot.  Back out in the cold I went... I started sneaking up once I got close to the top and I was expecting the buck to be to my left. I looked and looked and couldn't see a thing.. then i turned to the right.... he was standing this broad side staring right at me about 30 yards away.  He took a couple lil hops and then just jogged a few steps and started walking.  I ran back to the truck told Dust he was huge and which way he'd went. Dust decided to try to get ahead of him and see if I could get a shot.
We drove over a lil hill and saw him just strolling on the fence line.  I jumped out and ran 20 yards and got on the ground and took my shot.  One shot and he dropped!  It was so exhilarating!  Dustin started whooping in the truck and I started whooping outside and it was such a cool lil family moment.  I felt on top of the world and I could tell my hubby was so dang proud of me lol  Fun times with the Sheen clan :)

No comments: