Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My weekend and first date in Korea

So school was a little stressful last week.... but I had an amazing weekend away from it all. It feels so nice to be able to leave Uijeongbu for the weekend and be around good friends for a weekend. On Friday I left right after work and headed over to PJ and Lori to do some babysitting for them. The girls and I watched a movie and Jaida and I played a few games while Amaya fell asleep on the couch. I was pretty exhausted Friday night so I hit the hay soon after PJ and Lori got home.
On Saturday I was, of course, woken up by PJ steamrolling me at 8 a.m. I was babysitting again while PJ and Lori went to a wedding at the temple. I made the girls some pancakes in a Mickey Mouse shape and they quite enjoyed that and then the girls watched cartoons while I did their hair in fun do. I've been a huge fan of the fish braid lately and I've found some fun ways to make it a little different too :) I think I've caught my momma's hair bug and will always have my own girls, if I have them, in fun lil hair-do's. Lori came back a little early and asked if I wanted to come with them to the reception. Well I've met the couple once, so sure right!?!? lol I quickly jumped into the shower and got ready in record time of course and we were off. PJ did the speaking and did a great job as usual. Then we had some food and headed home. PJ and Lori then went on base to get some groceries and since I'm not allowed in any stores on base, me and the girls stayed back and played some games. Dai and Michael came over to hang out too. I was even lucky enough to have PJ and Lori get me some delicious yogurt cuz I really don't like the yogurt that I've bought in grocery stores outside of the base. They can get any groceries I'd like or miss from back home, so yay for that.
Later Bob came over and Michael left and while PJ passed out in the bedroom, Lori, Dai, Bob and I played a new game called Fast Track and we had a lot of fun. We played on teams and sadly Bob and I got killed.... BUT no worries, we will take them in the second round for sure!! :)
Sunday church was great again!! Sunday's are just the best!! I love Sundays! We had some great lessons and speakers, which just makes the day even better. After church I went back to PJ and Lori's and we had some quadsadillas.... mmmmm delicious!! Then we just relaxed for a while. Bob and Dai came over later and we all just relaxed and watched a movie.
I also got asked on my first date over here in Korea by Bob on Sunday. He called me and asked if I had any plans on Monday night. I said no and he replied by saying " Well I was just wondering if you wanted to come to FHE tomorrow night with my family and I" "Sure, sounds fun" I said... now I thought he meant like his church family and then he was like "By family I mean me, myself and I" haha He's great. We ended up going to Tower 63 which is a very tall tower in South Korea that has a bunch of restaurants, a theatre, a flower garden thing on top and an aquarium... so it was a lot of fun!! We walked from PJ and Lori's to the building and had great conversation!!

School so far has been pretty good. My kids are stellar and they love skittles!! haha PJ and Lori are on a bit of a diet and so they gave all their candy to Dai and I. Well I'm trying to eat super healthy so my kids have been on a sugar high these last few days because I've been feeding them candy up the wazoo!! Now I know I could stash it nad give it to them next week or the week after, but as you all know... when it's around, I wanna eat it, so I got rid of it fast!! Plus it's good bargaining for the kids to listen VERY well in class!! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dad said.........
Thanks so much for blogging!!!!! Who'd have ever thought I would be a blog fan a few months ago?! When I invented the internet, I had no idea that things like blogging would become so popular.

When you share things here, it is a thousand times better than getting it second hand from Mom. Any more of this stuff about "Bob" and I'll be there to make sure things are on the up and up. KInd of makes me wonder, What About Bob......

Mom said...

You'll have to put a picture in there of the girls hair next time and of course, of bob and you!! Good job on blogging!!!

lynz said...

ya for sure - i agree about the girls hair! i wanna see these fish tail inventions :) can't wait to hear more about the date and glad you got some incentives for those little kiddies of yours!