Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Cookie Adventure :) and weekend fun!!

Ok so this past weekend was a lot of fun, which is a really good thing because my family back home were having a blast at a Smith family reunion, so I needed something to keep my mind off of the fact that I was gonna miss all the good times, but especially the talent show that I always seem to win at :) hehe jk




Ha Ha Elizabeth trying to mix our quadrupled recipe :)


So on Friday, I met up with Elizabeth at PJ and Lori's house. I got there at about 9 and she showed up at 10. We got to talk to my fam a bit on skype, which is always fun, and then we just got talking bout a whole bunch of things. Finally we decided... let's make some cookies. So we called my momma and had her email the recipe for her special 'Mrs. Field oatmeal chocolate chip' cookies. First, we had to make sure we had enough of all the ingredients... so we searched the house. Now, we didn't start this lil adventure until just after 12:00 a.m. We didn 't have enough eggs, so give up...nope.. we headed out in our pjs to find a corner store that may sell some legit eggs. We walked around for about 20 minutes before we found this lil ghetto store that had a flat of eggs and we were off.



Our first pan.... ya they were pretty stinking good


Liz and I had quite the night. Full of laughs and being goofy. So.... here's the blonde coming out. See when I called my mom to get the recipe, I kinda let my brain forget that most of my mom's cookie recipes are all ready doubled... well Liz and I wanted to make lots of cookies for the July 4th bbq we had on Saturday, so we decided to double the recipe we were given... which in fact was actually quadruple the original recipe... oops!! We only cooked half of the dough, which by the way we had to mix by hand mostly because there was too much... and we were up till 4:00 a.m. The next morning we both had to be up at 7:30... we were pooped :)


Liz went to the temple and I went to go and teach PJ's class at Jaida's school again. It went really well. It's nice to not have any pressure and just teach them whatever the heck I wanted to. After teaching, I headed back to PJ and Lori's to maybe lay down for a nap... well Liz showed up about 30 minutes after I got there and the talking and baking began again. I cooked the rest of the cookies while Liz put together a pasta salad. We got ready and headed to the bbq!


Jacqueline, Amy, Bob and I watching people jam out to Michael Jackson :)


I apparently was telling a VERY funny story :) This is Lea, Hayli and Jason (Lea and Jason are brother and sister from Utah and they're super fun!!)


It was a lot of fun!!! There were tons of people and Hayli, from school, actually came with me, which was super fun!! We ate and talked and then watched some fireworks, which I'm not even gonna try to make them sound ok... they were BRUTAL!!! haha but at least I got to see fireworks. That was my own Canada Day celebration, so it was fun!!


Here's some of the crew getting ready to watch the fireworks.


I loved seeing the fireworks even though they weren't that good. Had my baseball mit in hand too.. representing the Hill family softball team even though we didn't play this year :)


Then we headed back upstairs to play games and sing and dance.. it was quite the gong show, but I had lots of laughs. All in all it was a great weekend. On Sunday, we had break the fast, which was really good and church was amazing again!!

3 comments:

lynz said...

yay for cookies at 4am! haha i'm so glad you have liz over there to do that kinda stuff with and love the pic of "some of the crew" aka you and bob! haha
we missed you tons this weekend and i just get excited for our hill family march reunion more and more every day :) love you chickee and hope you're having a good week!

Mom said...

Loved the picture of making the cookies!!! Wow, double the Mrs. Fields cookie recipe, now that's a BIG cookie recipe. Good job girlies on finishing and cooking ALL of those cookies!!!! We did miss u at the reunion and especially at the talent show!!!! They all loved that they got to talk to you and hear you say hi to them in Korean. In 2 years we meet again and orvil and colin are in charge so probably lots of marilyn and camie but it should be fun. Love the pictures on your blog and hope you enjoy all the ones you've seen of the reunion. You are a GREAT girlie and i love you tons!

Anonymous said...

Dad said....
Hey dufous girl......making an extra 3 pounds of cookie dough is standard procedure in the Hill family. Have you forgotten how it goes? Girls/Mom make cookie dough as per instructions, Dad sneaks into the bowl of dough as often and with as much zeal as is possible and consumes as much as he can, Girls/Mom chase Dad through house with wooden spoons threatening to take his life if he doesn't leave the cookie dough alone. Gads, I wish I'd been there with you for this one: the pickings would have been easy and plentiful.