Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy Happy Birthday Lynz (and Canada)

So July 1st is a huge... I mean major holiday in the Hill home and I am sadly missing it. It's weird to think that I just finished working all day on a July 1st and didn't get to give a hug to any of my family. BUT I did get to talk to them all... I even got super lucky and was able to see my Grandpa and Grandma Smith, and my favorite lil cousin Alex, Taylor, Ty and Rhett and loved seeing Roger and Cheryl too... it was a great July 1st! Instead of going to the parade... I had open class where the parents can come in and watch your class. I had 8 parents sitting in my classroom as I taught my elementary class. I thought it was going to be very intense and uncomfortable, but I actually quite enjoyed myself!! It seemed that the parents all liked me too which is stellar.

Now July 1st is also a major day because it is my favorite oldest sister's birthday. Happy birthday Lynz!!! I just finished talking to her and she is looking just as beautiful as ever!!


I have the most stellar family. Lynz has always been there to give me advice on MANY different aspects of life. She is sooo incredibly smart, athletic, beautiful and an amazing mother and wife. We can be quite goofy together especially when you get all the Hill girls together, but we also really enjoy driving in a car with the tunes turned up seeing our hearts out and having good chats!!


When I first was thinking of coming to Korea, a big reason I didn't want to come is because I didn't want to follow exactly in Lynz' footsteps... but now... I totally do. Lyndsey has been such a great example of how to live a righteous life and I am so thankful for that!! I definately want to walk where she has walked and also trample my own path at times :)

Lynz --- You truly are amazing!! I love seeing you smile and love watching how you are with Beckam!! You really are so stellar!! I really am missing spending this day with you, but I know you will have such a good time (of course not as fun as it'd be if I were there)!!! Know that I love you and am loving walking in your footsteps over in Korea!! You rock!! Have a superb day and give lil Becks a kiss from his auntie!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Loved the blog and we definitely missed you this july 1st!!!! It was fun to talk to you this morning and i just have to say that it was a great July 1st. I think i have some pretty special daughters and i'm so happy that you're loving being the teacher and not even intimidated when you have teachers watching you. Good job!!!
luv you

lynz said...

awww! thanks chickee! me and canada appreciate the bday wishes, and we missed you tons today! know that we are thinking of you and missing you and that we can't wait til next year when we are all together again!!! glad youre classes went swell and love ya lots darlin :)