Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Beddy Bye Time

Man... today I am just soooo exhausted and I'm not quite sure why. I haven't done too much today... maybe I'm getting a lil sick and I just need some catch up rest! Any hoosiers.. that's what my plan is tonight... to go to bed early!! Today was a pretty great day though. School was good. I went out for lunch with Cars and came home to get a few things done. Tomorrow I have an interview with Alta Care Resources for a therapeutic youth worker position. I'm not sure how it will work with my schedule, but it's a part-time job, so hopefully it will work with my school schedule. It would be great to get the job because they pay between $18-$20/hour, so wish me luck! I just found out tonight that I need to get two reference letters to take in too.. so I have been bustling around trying to find a couple people to write me one. So fun!!!

So tonight, I don't have much to tell about the day, but I did come across this wicked awesome video last summer and every time I watch it, I feel inspired and most times, I even have a tear or two join... so I wanted to share it with ya'll. Listen to the words please and thank you!!


This video leads me into my topic for the night....

Dear Person I Know Is Struggling The Most Right Now,
I think it's very easy for us to lose belief or hope in ourselves. If we are not constantly being reinforced by others or ourselves, it becomes easy for Satan to start prying away at that little crack until he has created a hole big enough to crawl into. The media and world today have set a standard for the ideal individual including body type, hair color, education, 'success', and many others and we are constantly haunted by these perceived standards that we are 'supposed' to live up to. Satan is a sly, deceiving being and so many of us have been brought down and manipulated into believing things that are not true. We MUST believe that we are GREAT!! Every time the thought "I can't do this" or "I'm not good enough" pops into our heads, we should watch this video, look in the mirror and say "IMMA SHOW YOU... HOW GREAT I AM!!!" I have felt power, motivation, comfort, confidence and love as I have done this. The words in this video have helped me get through some tough times and will continue to do so as I run into other trials throughout my life, but I will never give up... I was born a Comet and will always have that engraved in my heart. I will be knocked down many more times I'm sure, but just as I did in basketball... I will push myself up off that floor and rise more motivated, faster, stronger, and more determined to beat my opponent! I am great!!! AND SO ARE ALL OF YOU!!!!!! Believe in yourself and never settle for the depressing, hellish life Satan wants you to fall in to. He wants us to be just as unhappy as himself... but we are God's children and have been built to live at the CREST OF THE HILL where people can look up to us and where we can be examples to all those around us by serving and showing what true happiness is about!!!! Fight on and NEVER GIVE UP!!!

QUOTES:
'Declare a personal war with things as they are! People are champions because they think like champions and act like champions!'

'Most people settle for less than they want because they have never been taught the proven methods of success!'

'A person's mind once expanded to the dimensions of a new idea will never return to its former size!'

'YOU ARE WHERE YOU ARE, AND WHAT YOU ARE, BECAUSE OF THE DOMINATING THOUGHTS THAT OCCUPY YOUR MIND!'

2 comments:

Mom said...

Great blog and so true!!!! I loved the video and just love how inspiring your blog is! Still waiting for YOUR pictures!!!! Good luck with that interview today and hope it all works out for you!

lynz said...

love it!