Monday, November 8, 2010

Pictures!!

Happy Birthday to Brittany from my seminar group! I sure have grown to love these girls! I know we'll stay good friends for the next two years and hopefully longer after that!



Alright... so today I spent 9 hours straight working on my lesson plan that's due tomorrow. It's not too complex, but man does it take time. This one was a more detailed lesson plan... hopefully the rest will not have to be so stinkin detailed. Most classrooms are teaching with a Smartboard. It's a crazy new technological way of teaching. You can create lessons on line, post them on the Smartboard, and teach just by touching the board. It's hard to explain by typing, but a very interesting way to teach. They're starting to make us incorporate it into every lesson we do.
Carson looks like a pedophile.. we had to document!
This is our friend off the U of A team that we decided is Nash's dad... he tucked his warm-up jersey in.. lots of laughs for us.

Last weekend, we spent most of our time at the U of A basketball games, which was a lot of fun! it was nice to be at games again. I still could spend all weekend watching basketball games. Kait and I got some good pictures and had fun hanging out with some new friends. Scott Leishman, Cars, Kait, Brian Steed, and I all hung out at the games and had some good laughs. On Saturday, Kait and I attempted to be keeners and get some homework down. I was less effective than Kait.. surprise surprise, and then we got ready to head to the games again. We met up with Scott again and were joined with a huge group of ysa friends for the games and then out for dinner with a big group of us. We got sweet deals on pizza's because we did it in a group. Robyn Fairbanks, Kait, Scott and I all sat at a booth and played a straw game.. then Robyn, Kait and I had fun reminiscing about our days back in Raytown. It was fun to catch up with her and talk about some memories.


Just jamming in the car
On Sunday, we had stake conference which was great. I had a good nap after church and then we had a ysa fireside with Elder Ballard. It was an unreal fireside!! Ya'll are more than welcome to check it out on the lds.org website! It was just what I needed to hear and I'm sure there were a lot of other ysa members that felt the same way as me. After the fireside, I headed over to Shawn Elford's to watch Toy Story 3 and then came home to hit the hay. Today, as I told you, was a school write-off... and I am more than ready for this long weekend!

Kait and I have decided to wind down the night with watching 'Harry Potter 2'... I'm not sure if we will make it through the whole thing, but wish us luck.

2 comments:

mom said...

YAH, some pictures!!!! Sounds like a great weekend, some long hours of preparation for your lesson and some great sunday times!!! Glad it's been a great few days and by tomorrow you'll have some relaxing days at home maybe! Great to see the blog again! luv u

lynz said...

toy story 3 and harry potter 2 eh? nice flicks girlies :) wish i was there to watch em with you!