The holidays were great!!! I loved being around my family and see a couple friends too! My family and I headed to Whitefish to ski and get away for a week before Christmas. I got a little unlucky and got the 24 hour flu the night before we left to head down. I was kind of out of commission for a couple days, but we still had a blast and it felt great to get on a board again. It took me a bit to get back in the swing of boarding, but I finally got it on our last day. Maybe I'll have to plan another trip before this season is over :) It was fun to go to Sugarbowl and see how amazing the Comet boys are this year! They are very gifted and competitive and it will be interesting if any team will even come close to competing with the mighty mighty Comets!

Mostly I want to talk about tonight. I worked my first awake night shift last night and it went really well, but it also caused me to sleep from 8:30 a.m. till about 1:30. I know I need the sleep, but it sure makes ya feel like you're wasting your day away. Anyway... I got up and ate some cereal then nestled back in bed and cuddled up to a movie. I decided I needed to get my lazy butt outside for some fresh air, so I got all bundled up and decided to walk to the movie store to grab some dvds to keep me awake for my night awake shift tonight. I stepped into the most perfect winter night. The air was crisp, but not to chilly. The city wasn't as busy as it normally is on a Saturday night.. probably because most people are recovering from their New Year's Eve activities and I was completely ok with that as I strolled down the street. I had my ipod on listening to a new band a friend introduced me to called "Living Water", which is a Christian group and as I walked down the streets with my head up looking around and taking in the diversity and beauty of the city, I couldn't help but smile.
I felt so inspired tonight and there really is no special reason as to why. I started reflecting on how blessed I truly am. I have an amazing family who love and support me. I have friends who listen and care about my life. I have a job that has given me the opportunity to get out of my comfort zone and see a part of childhood I was luckily never exposed to. I am in an amazing education program where the teachers and my peers want me to be the best I can be and push me every day to accomplish my education goals. I have a Heavenly Father who loves me unconditionally and who NEVER leaves me alone. I AM BLESSED!
I was reminded tonight of how easy it is to question who we are and our worth. I was reminded of how Satan patiently waits for us to become comfortable with where we are and let our guards down... just a bit... and he slyly squeezes a doubt in our potential and worth. I have been hypocritical in a way. I am very good at giving advice on how to get out of a spunk, but have not done so well at getting out of my own. It is time! It is a new year and is going to be a great one at that! I have been pondering what goals I would like to accomplish this year and I am excited to sit down and plan out how I am going to ensure they are followed through and some exceeded! This is going to be a great year!! It will be full of positive, challenging, inspiring and great things!
So question of the day is an interesting one... YOUR DREAM WEDDING!?!?!?
Well my dream wedding would include an amazing man who loves me and makes me feel like I am the most beautiful and talented woman in the world. I will feel so safe and naturally comfortable with him. My whole family will be present along with my best friend and her studly husband. A beautiful temple will most definitely be part of it. My husband and I will be happier than we have ever been before and will be surrounded by people who love and support us. It will be a beautiful day. The rest of the details... well they can be figured out at a later day... but it will be perfect and a joyous day!
3 comments:
love those cool crisp winter nights! way to be inspired chickee :) it's always nice to feel motivated and determined to be happy and do better and i know you will! love you eleventy four!
Dad said.... I LOVE it when you bog!!! Thanks for sharing with us. It was a great Xmas and SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good to have our family all home and with us!!!!
Well I was pleasantly surprised to find a new blog and I loved it!!! It is great to have a walk with a dog or by yourself with your ipod to ponder and put things in perspective! You will find that studly man and we will ALWAYS be there to support you thru anything! Glad it's a new year and new future to ponder! Loved our pictures on "the Hill". luv you so much!!!
Post a Comment