When our family went snowboarding and skiing... yup that's right.. I was wearing glasses with goggles over top. I was looking GOOD!! Needless to say, I couldn't wait for those 2-3 weeks to be over. Now skip forward 3 weeks. Christmas vacation is over and I am back up in Edmonton. I decide to finally take a chance with a fresh set of contacts after 3 weeks of waiting. I put them in, they feel good... no problems. 2 days later... little bit of irritation, so I immediately go back to wearing my glasses. I decided to go see the opthamologist. She says I don't have an infection and that my irritation and redness is probably because it's so dry out, so she gives me more tear drops and tells me to maybe take a break from contacts for a month, but that I can use them if I'm going to the gym or playing basketball for those couple hours. Next day, I had a basketball game, so I put my contacts in... feeling great.. play a fabulous game of ball Thursday night, come home, immediately take the contacts out and put glasses back on.. things are still feeling great at this point. Go to bed. Wake up Friday morning at 7:30 a.m.... eyes VERY heavy... which was weird seeing as I had gone to bed at a decent hour. So I decide maybe my eyes just need some eye drops... so I go in the bathroom and put some drops in.. still not able to keep my eyes open. So I give them a few minutes with me not looking in the light and try to do my make-up with out looking. Half an hour passes and I still can't keep my eyes open for more than a second... there is NO WAY I am driving to school and able to function, so I call one of my fellow students and tell her the news and I put a few more hopeful drops in my eye and lay back down to sleep. I wake up a few hours later... still pretty much blind. And this was my weekend!!! I spent most of my time in my bed listening to either music or a movie play. I was bored out of my mind. Luckily I had Carson and Shelby here to keep me company at times!
So this morning, Sunday, I was finally able to get up and see for more than a few moments. I could actually keep my eyes open and functioning most of the day. I've noticed that my eyes are still very sensitive to light or bright things, so every once in a while I have to close them both and re-focus. It's official.. I am getting lasik surgery!! I don't know when, but it is happening in the next 6-8 months!! I have thrown my contact case out as well as my solution and am buying a whole new set to try in a couple weeks... till then call me 'four eyes' because I DO NOT want to experience another weekend like the one I had recently!!
Now for the positive from this experience... I have gained a whole new appreciation for sight!! I love seeing!! I love watching people and things. I love blinking. I love color! I love everything about sight and hope I never have to do without again!!!
WHAT SONG BEST DESCRIBES HOW YOU ARE FEELING RIGHT NOW?
Well I just spent a good half hour going through some of my songs and it's really hard to pick just one that best fits how I am feeling right now, but I have narrowed it down to two for tonight. The first is called 'Believe in You' by Amanda Marshall and the second is called 'Beside You' by Marianas Trench. 'Believe in You' has always inspired me and always reminds me that I'm not alone. The song 'Beside You' does the same... it inspires me and makes me want to be a better person. Enjoy!
3 comments:
abyay for seeing the positive and just seeing in general! way to hang in there chickee and glad you could kinda see us yesterday :) love you so much and i keep dreaming of reading week and hoping i get to see you soon!
Dad said...
Am I to understand that because Lynz used "hoping" and "reading week" in the same sentence, that we're not going to see much of you come late February? That'll tick me off. So much for the whole notion of being "grateful for sight"!!!! I'm sure glad your eyes are working better for you schmo-head. It DOES give you a certain appreciation for things when they cease to work like usual, doesn't it? Love you!!!!! (Always have)
So just decided to check out this blog and "new blog" and didn't even know about it. Yeah, i know how these eyes have been a huge burden for you thru the holidays and I know you just want it to be perfect again. Laser surgery sounds great to me! Loved the new blog and i guess we'll try to share you with the portland crew for your break?!!!! Thanks for the newest blog!
Post a Comment