Sunday, February 6, 2011

Just Thinkin...

Sunday's are a great day! Not only because I get to go to church, but it tends to be a day of reflection on random and, at times, important things. Today I focused in on two thoughts. The first was sparked by my activities last night.

I had the opportunity to meet up with an old friend/cousin, Marin McCue. We were really good friends when we were younger, sharing a passion for basketball and adventure. I loved spending time at the McCue house as they turned their barn into a gymnasium. Our families were great friends and spent many happy times together. Things have changed quite a bit since that time. The McCue family have all left the church besides one daughter and her family, the parents are now divorced, and the values they used to pride themselves in have now been filled with worldly pleasures. As I sat down with Marin for dinner, I felt happiness being reunited with her and laughing while sharing stories and memories of the past, but I also felt a sadness. As she shared with me the experiences of her siblings and parents, I felt sorry for her and her family. Her beliefs are very different from mine now. I had a great time catching up with her, but when I got home and thought a little about how much her family has changed and gone through these past few years, I felt so blessed to have the gospel in my life and to KNOW that it is true. I hope and pray that Marin and her family's hearts will be softened someday. All I can do now is continue to be an example and stand up for what I believe in. I love Marin and am thankful for the opportunity we've had to share some time together... it's been fun!

Secondly... I was thinking tonight.. if I could choose my dream job right now (money not an issue), what would it be? It used to be to be a professional athlete, but I've moved past that for now:) I'd have to say my dream job right now would be to be a professional traveller. Now you may be thinking... what the crap is that... well let me tell you.



A pro traveller has many challenging aspects and responsibilities to his/her job. He/She is in charge of travelling around the world on adventures to explore, experience and give feedback for all the places he/she goes. You see.. I think this is a very important job because when people are looking to go on vacation, sometimes they don't know enough about the place or are unsure of where they really want to go. I could be the pro at letting them know where, when and how they should go. I would also determine how long an adequate stay would be and have a list of activities they may want to participate in while on vacation. Brilliant I know! Of course I would be making a ridiculous amount of money and would be able to also travel to third world countries and do some service in my off-season :)

I have already done a big chunk of travelling, but I mean the world is huge... one can never travel too much right!?!?! :)


3 comments:

Jeremy, Lana, Brenna ,Mason, Owen and Sadie said...

I remember when we were younger saying our top things to be when we grew up and singer and basketball player were always at the top! haha traveller would be fun though!

lynz said...

hopefully you'll have a reason to at least hit up the caribbean! sounds like fun to me :)

Anonymous said...

Dad said.....

Dream on kiddo....(and if an opening ever comes up on that job search, please let me know---we can put in our applications together!!!).