Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Colors, Bridesmaids, Shoes, Dress, Ring, Food....


All of the things in my title, I have been pondering every now and then... mostly to satisfy my father. I know how seriously he takes this wedding thing and I wouldn't want him to be disappointed. I think he'd mostly be impressed with us putting him as our MC... so I'll just move him to the top of that list... oh I should have him sing a solo too.... oh he would just beam with joy to do that in front of everyone... perhaps a choreographed dance to represent mine how he feels about letting his second daughter go...let's see what else can I add to make this the most fulfilling wedding for my dear father... :) hehe I'm actually trying my best to keep daddy out of the planning because he thinks everything is ridiculous and that we should just take off on a trip after the ceremony, which I will admit... is quite tempting some days :)

Let's see what else have I been up to!?!?!? Well I finished up my spring class which was a big relief! It was super busy, but I know I will be soooo thankful when I don't have to take the class next Winter semester! I also finished up doing my SWOOSH basketball boot camps, which I am missing now, but am thankful for the extra time I have now! I met and bonded with some really great kids and we were able to see their growth over the couple of months training with us, so that was pretty satisfying!

I also started selling Scentsy, which I LOVE!!!! (oh that's another thing I can add on my daddy list... get dad to smell and fall in love with all the scents and pick one to be our theme smell for the wedding... :)) I had my launch party this Monday and it was super successful! I made some peanut butter squares and mom's speciality 'sex in a pan' dessert! Both were a hit! I'm hoping to do at least 2-3 more parties this month through other hosts, but haven't booked one yet, so we'll see what happens. By hosting the party, I received $111.00 worth of free product because the sales were so good! Yay for me :)

Dust and I are planning on heading home this weekend to get some pics done and hopefully set up a lil chat meeting with Brenda, Kenz and my mom to get some planning done!! Go team!!! Oh here's a sad story... so we were supposed to be getting my REAL ring this past weekend... but the jewellers called Dust last week and told him the ring wouldn't be in till July 4th... sad day, but it is only a couple weeks away, so I suppose I'll just have to suck it up a lil longer :)
I am still LOVING my job at Bridal Debut and have made some really good friends with the job too!! I am officially facebook friends with one of my brides who cried when she found her dress and was just so dang cute! I always thought it was silly when brides to be cried when they found their dress... I didn't cry, but for some reason when a bride I'm helping gets tears in her eyes, I start to tear up too.. i'm such a baby!! But really it is so fun to see the joy in their face when they feel the most beautiful they ever have!! So fun!!

And that's my life in a nutshell for these last couple weeks! Life is GREAT!!!


3 comments:

lynz said...

you're such a sap! who cries when they find their wedding dress! haha jks i can totally see it and think it's fun that you help girls get to that point :) yay for being done some craziness and now......what about colors, shoes, dresses, rings, food, etc??? any decisions mrs. sheen???

Mom said...

hahaha great blog for your daddio to think and contemplate about! he'd be an awesome MC, just be prepared for the things he'll have to say!!! And decisions, decisions, decisions this weekend!!! we'll get er done! Can't wait to see you sunday!

Anonymous said...

Dad said.... M.C.? M.C.!!?? M.C.!!!!????!!!!!????!!! What, the heck do you need an M.C. for??!!!! This is simple girlie: go to the preacher, get hitched, feed your families and friends and have a party to celebrate the day and occasion. Colors? Hues?!? Textures?!?!? Bridesmaids?!?!?!?! Decorations?!?!?!?!?!? Table Centers?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? An M.C. ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!? Have you lost your mind?????? Fun blog though.... Sure love you. Alway have. Always will.