Thursday, June 23, 2011

Picnic for Two :)

So the other week, I was sitting here thinking about Dust and my schedule for the summer. You see, we have opposite work schedule and it's made for some challenges for quality time we spend together. I start work in the morning and work till early evening and Dust starts work early afternoon and works till late at night. Most nights we spend together, he gets over to my place around 10:30 ish... sometimes 11:00... well that is past my bedtime, so usually when he gets here, we'll chat about our days, maybe watch a show and then say goodbye. I decided that this was unacceptable and that we needed to be more creative about how we spent our nights. I tried to think of places we could go.... most places are closed at this point... then I thought we could go for some late night strolls... the last thing Dust wants to do at the end of the day is walk around some more :)... so... food was the result...but I decided to be a little creative about it.
I told Dust to not stop somewhere to get food and that I would have something for him when he got over. I worked for hours and hours (ok maybe not that long) to make sure everything was cut, cooked, and set up perfectly and I must say... it turned out pretty stinkin good!

We had a little picnic on my bed, which turned out to be quite a fun night! It still was late and we were both still pretty tuckered, but we had a lot of fun and it was a little more exciting and gave us something to look forward to! Now I just have to continue to find different fun ideas to do after 10 at night... I also need to find a way to be more awake at that time too... no promises for that one... I like my sleep too much!!! :)

2 comments:

lynz said...

such a cute little picnicing couple :)

Anonymous said...

Dad said....
Wow, a blog that wasn't even close to being nagged for. Pretty amazing kiddo!!