So like I said, my bathroom is haunted. First of all, I woke up my first morning in Korea and had a shower and decided I'd straighten my hair with my awesome chi straightener... well my bathroom had another plan for me. First of all, I had to buy a special adapter plug in so I could use my own stuff. So maybe the blonde kicked in, and I plugged the adapter in first and then tried to plug in my hair cord to that... talk about a shock and a half. I actually jumped back and had to leave the bathroom for a minute, so I didn't punch the mirror :) So then I went back in and took the adapter out and plugged my own cord in first, and THEN plugged it into the wall. I turned my straightener on and started doing my make-up. Well steam started seeping out of my straightener and I thought "well maybe it just gets hotter than back home"... all of a sudden my hair straightener turned off and none of the outlets in my apartment worked... oops. My hair straightener is now toast, but dont' worry I have a back up back home and I bought a Korean straightener here that is working just dandy :) So there's my first bathroom story.. so next.. my second day in Korea... I go to the washroom.. now just #1 and flush the toilet... hmmm doesnt' flush everything down.. what the crap. So I wait a bit and try again.. the toilet fills almost to the rim, so I'm starting to get a bit nervous. I decided to just use my neighbor, Hayli who is another teacher's, bathroom. A guy came the next day to fix it and my supervisor at work told me it was fixed, but that I wasn't allowed to put toilet paper down my toilet and that they're set up a garbage right beside my toilet for all the paper and whatnot. The first thought that went through my head was 'what do I do when I go #2, just stickk the pooey toilet paper in the garbage in my small apartment that already smells bad???' Any hoosiers, it's been quite the process!! Lastly, so when you shower in Korea, you actually shower in your bathroom, like not in an actual shower, but like out in the open bathroom. You hook up a shower head to your facet and turn the hot water on and shower!! I've had some good laughs by myself trying to do this without making too big of a mess! Now here's the trick.. after you're done using the shower head you have to push the plug thing to put it back to the sink facet rather than a shower head. I've forgot to do this twice already and both times I've gotten sprayed in the face and all over my towels and make up that I have set out!! Good times!!
Cute hey!?!?!? :)
3 comments:
that is so disgusting! haha as if you took a picture with little poo chunks in your toilet! at least we get to see all that you're up to over there i guess!
oh my, that is a lovely site!!!!!! Truly, i guess that's the way we can feel a lil like you do. uggghhhhh!!!!!!
Ron says......
For friggin' sakes, see the date on this "blog"? See today's date? How many more times do I have to stare at the plate of food and wonder if you're ever going to put another picture/some stories up here? C'mon chikkee.......I'm getting desperate!!!
Post a Comment