Sunday, May 31, 2009

Oops... forgot again

So I have been trying to blog more often to keep the fam back home, mostly dad, up to date on life and such. But Lynz and my mom have been complaining a bit about no pictures, which I must admit, I have been horrible at and I'm sure I will regret it in the future if I don't buck up.
So this weekend, our ward had a picnic at Seoul Grande Park and I made sure to pack my camera. Well I went to PJ and Lori's to drive with them from there and I decided last minute to leave my purse, cuz who wants to carry a purse to a picnic. So I forgot my camera in my purse and got no shots from the picnic :( my bad. But Saturday was still a lot of fun!! It kinda felt like we were going on a family trip to Waterton, cuz we had 2 big coolers and baskets of food and balls... the Rogers definately pack like Mom haha. PJ brought a football and another guy from the ward brought a softball and two mits! I was in heaven. Who woulda thought I'd miss playing catch with a football and softball as much as I do!! I almost forgot to eat because I was having so much fun playing catch :) The food was delicious too. We had 2 girls that had Mickey Mouse ears on that followed our ward around for about 45 minutes taking pictures with whoever they could. It was so nice to be outside and relax a bit.
Today (Sunday) was also a great day!! Church was amazing once again and then after church the YSA had a potluck and fireside. We had some taco salad and watermelon. I LOVE watermelon! It is so expensive here though, so I haven't bought my own yet, but man do I love it! The fireside was done by Brother Winterton and it was very good! He talked about being idol and how we use our time here in Korea. I didn't realize it before today, but I do idolize my time here. I come home after work and I usually dont' leave my apartment. I don't do much at home at night other than do some emailing, maybe a blog, look at pictures, and watch tv, so I'm going to try to do more productive things that will help me grow closer to my Heavenly Father. I mean, I love my chillaxin KHill time, but I think I've taken it to the extreme. Even just going for a walk would feel great. I'm gonna see if I can borrow some good books from friends from the ward, so we'll see what else I can come up with. One girl said she was started to crochet and another girl started doing some art. Now I'm no artist, but I think it'd be fun to maybe find some new talents that I have been hiding :) We'll see. It was a gorgeous weekend and I loved being outside to enjoy it!
I promise I will work on the picture situation and continue to blog more often!!

1 comment:

lynz said...

come on yo! pack that camera and then put it to use soon! we need to see our kris :) sounds like a super fun weekend chickee, and you seem to be growing lots and loving your time over there, and i'm just so proud of you and so happy that you were brave enough to just bite the bullet and get over there!
ps - american idol is not the same as idle - thought i'd save dad from commenting about that! haha