So this week has been totally insane at school. They've had some issues with making sure all the new teachers have the books they need and put the language barrier on top of that.... this equals STRESSFUL!! :) But we made it through our first week and it is really actually getting easier and more comfortable every day!! Anyway, they planned this dinner for all the new teachers. They took us to a restaurant called VIPS (yes we were the V.I.P's there :) So this restaurant is VERY expensive, but is amazing. They ordered 6 steaks that were almost as good as daddy's steaks, and then we had ribs and fries. Now that's not all.. they also had a whole buffet that we could eat whatever we wanted and it was a HUGE buffet. They had from Mexican food to bananas!! It was awesome. I had some shrimp, a banana, some fruit, a salad, some smoked salmon, taco chips salsa and sour cream on one plate haha I loved it and was sooo thankful that they took us there and paid for it all. I'd say my bill alone was prob around $75 - $80... woot woot for me!!! It was awesome!!! I doubt I'll go there no sooner than a few months, cuz it's just really expensive, but soooo good!! I loved it!!
Friday, March 13, 2009
Best Restaurant Ever In South Korea
So this week has been totally insane at school. They've had some issues with making sure all the new teachers have the books they need and put the language barrier on top of that.... this equals STRESSFUL!! :) But we made it through our first week and it is really actually getting easier and more comfortable every day!! Anyway, they planned this dinner for all the new teachers. They took us to a restaurant called VIPS (yes we were the V.I.P's there :) So this restaurant is VERY expensive, but is amazing. They ordered 6 steaks that were almost as good as daddy's steaks, and then we had ribs and fries. Now that's not all.. they also had a whole buffet that we could eat whatever we wanted and it was a HUGE buffet. They had from Mexican food to bananas!! It was awesome. I had some shrimp, a banana, some fruit, a salad, some smoked salmon, taco chips salsa and sour cream on one plate haha I loved it and was sooo thankful that they took us there and paid for it all. I'd say my bill alone was prob around $75 - $80... woot woot for me!!! It was awesome!!! I doubt I'll go there no sooner than a few months, cuz it's just really expensive, but soooo good!! I loved it!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
looks yum yum yummy! i can't believe your bill would have come to that much, but yay for new bosses who make lots of moola :)
Ron said.........
Enjoy the free food Kiddo. I know what a tightwad you are and how much you enjoy eating food others have purchased!! Octopus that you paid for yourself though? My, how things have changed.
Nice to see a few pictures and updates on your life in korea. keep it coming cause its great to see the pictures with the stories. That meal sounded delicious and those ribs look pretty good!!!! Glad you got some REAL food the first week you're there. Hopefully you got a dinner after church before you had to come home on the subway by yourself!!!
Post a Comment