Friday, May 1, 2009

Well my long weekend has begun!!! WOOT WOOT!! I haven't done much of anything yet :) but I'm sure I'll find a few things to fill my long weekend. But we did have quite a successful Children's Day yesterday at school and boy was it draining, but a ton of fun. It was a day full of laughter, stress :), kids laughing and screaming, lots of good food and treats, and a few VERY happy teachers when 6 o'clock hit!!

Here is Annika and Ginna all dressed up for Children's Day. Annika actually had sparkles all over her hair and her chest and arms... Dad.. why couldn't we wear sparkles all over our body when we were that age!?!?!? haha Oh and Annika was also wearing lipstick! haha


We started the day with all of the foreign teachers meeting at the school at 8:30 to decorate the school with balloons and posters. It was actually a lot of fun. Once the children arrived we split into groups and my and Haley's class went outside to play with a parachute. It was a gorgeous day and I wished we could have just stayed outside all morning and just let them run around, but we were on a tight schedule and our director and his wife were keeping a close eye on the whole situation :) what's new... :) The kids had a lot of fun outside and were still running around lil little banshee's!

They were soooo crazy... like pulling the parachute from all angles, pulling kids down... good times for sure!! :)


Then we headed inside for a 'magic show'. The kids loved it and it was sooo cute to watch their faces throughout the show. I had two girls, Rachel and Camilla, who were just clinging to me and I think Haley got some pictures of it, so I'll try to get those.

Annika again being a goof... I just realized I have a lot of pics of her... he's just such a lil bundle of joy... such a goof and just hilariously cute haha.


After the magic show we headed upstairs for some pictures and lunch. We had a buffet. It was pretty good. Nothing like the buffet's at home :) After lunch we made mini pizza's and a mom from my class brought a cake, so we blew out some candles, but I didn't' give my kids any because it was time to go home and they definately had enough sugar for the day :) So I just gave it to the staff, who completely demolished it! The Korean's sure can eat!

My class with their presents and cards from me!! Dale in the front on the left is very excited about the present and day!! haha


It was a super fun and exhausting day. After we finished work, Mrs. Kim wanted to take us out for dinner and drinks, so we headed downstairs for a lil meal. I ate crab that was still in a shell... but it was soft and actually pretty stinkin good!! I also ate raw fish... yes Lynz I said raw and it wasn't too bad either... of course I had to put this tomato kind of sauce on it before it went in my mouth, but it was good. Anyway, it was a great day and I am happy it is over and now I can relax and do some hiking and play tourist for the weekend :)

3 comments:

lynz said...

yay for your long weekend! good work on making your kids' day a gooder kristen teacher :) sounds like a fun day to me! and ewwwww! raw fish?!?! way to go oh adventurous one - sick! haha

Anonymous said...

Dad said......

What is it about my idea of how you "roll" that gave me confidence that you'd be a raw fish eater before you spent too much time in Korea?! What kind of raw fish and did you try more than one kind? Awesome and I'm jealous!!!

Mom said...

I tried to get dad to let you girls put sparkles all over your chest and arms and hair but NOPE, didn't roll with him so that's why you all turned out the way you did. FANTASTIC!!!!! It looks like you had a crazy, fun and very, very busy day!!!!! You deserve a long weekend so i hope you find some great hikes and new stuff to check out! Good job on the presents and letters to your kids, kristen teacher!!!!!! oh and i had sushi again and loved it and thought about you enjoying your "raw" fish over in korea! luv ya