So this past weekend was stellar. Pj and Lori left today to go back to the states.. PJ for 3-4 weeks and Lori and the girls are gone till August... so I decided I wanted to make dinner for them this past Sunday.
On Friday, I went to Lotte Deparment store with Hayli and Caitlin from school, then I jumped on the subway and headed to the Rogers house becaue PJ had called me earlier that day to ask if I would teach a class at Jaida's school on Saturday morning. Friday night, PJ and I watched a western movie and than headed to bed. Lori, of course, passed out much earlier than us :) So I went to Jaida's school in the morning not really knowing what I was gonna teach or how the kids were going to be... I was a little nervous, but I brought some flashcards and coloring papers from my school. I ended up teaching a group of about twelve 9-10 year old kids. I had a blast and I think they all really enjoyed my class too, which was super fun.
Here's a funny story for ya... so it was pouring rain on Saturday and my umbrella was soakin wet, so I didn't want to take it inside... so I closed it up and tucked it back by some plants by the door. Well after my class, I went outside to wait for Jaida and my umbrella had been stolen. Now, I know.. kinda silly to leave an umbrella outside... BUT I figured that everyone who came to the school would already have an umbrella and woudln't be in need to steal one... I was wrong. So Jaida had a raincoat with a hood and a tiny princess umbrella. We shared it on the way home and I got soaked :) I have learned my lesson :)
Elizabeth, Amaya and I
Elizabeth, Amaya and I
Always in the kitchen :)
Saturday afternoon, Elizabeth came over and we both helped around the house. Lori was really sick throwing up and spent most of the afternoon sleeping and resting. I also made my mom's famous 'sex in a pan' dessert. I of course needed no help and didn't call my momma once with questions or measurement... :)... Ok maybe I called once, but just to make sure she had told me the right measurements :) On Saturday night, the was a lil YSA shindig over at Mitch's house. Elizabeth and I got there late because we stayed to help babysit till PJ got home from his meeting. We had fun over there. We just watched a movie and after most people left... Dai, Steve, Bob, Elizabeth, Mitch and I played some cards and then all went home... well I went back to the Rogers house.
Sunday morning I got to have a good chat with my fam and then my bestie, Kenzie!! It was really fun to have Kenz and my fam see and talk with the Rogers fam. I did the lil girls' hair again and headed to church. PJ spoke in the ward we went to on humility. He did an amazing job. Hopefully my talk next week on overcoming the Galiaths in our lives will be just as good... :) After church PJ dropped Elizabeth and I back at the apartment and we got cooking!! We had a lot of fun in the kitchen and although I was a little nervous about how it was all gonna turn out... it was a GREAT success!! PJ said "it exceeded my expectations" haha. We ended up having 14 people come over for dinner, which was initially supposed to be like 8, so that initially added to the stress, but once I let my natural chef skills take over, it was all good :) I think I will definately be cooking one of two more dinners while I'm here for the Rogers' house and whoever else they invite over for my masterous pieces of delicious food :)
Bob was excited about the food :)
Dai and Elizabeth loved dessert
Sidenote: We had a foreign teacher, Caitlin.. just take off back to the states without telling anyone this past weekend.. so the other teachers have had to pick up her classes. I think because I've kept my mouth shut and just sucked up and done the work, they didn't give me any extra classes, which is super nice... we'll see what happens in the future.. but the other foreign teachers are not very impressed right now :( Hopefully everything works out ok.
In the end, this weekend was a lot of fun. I'm really gonna miss the Rogers family, but I also know that time flies here and I'm sure they'll be back before I know it. I will definately be missing PJ's cooking though!! I guess I'll have to step up my chef game for the next few weeks :)
1 comment:
Dad said.......
Great Blog!!!!!!! I feel like I was almost there except there was no sex in a pan for me! Good to see pictures of the people you talk about---putting a face on the names makes the stories more interesting for some reason. Sure love you Krista-belle!!!!!!
Post a Comment