So we had our first field trip this last Thursday. We all recieved an instruction paper about what we had to get ready for our classes and whatnot... at the bottom of the paper it read "and here's your chance for some real fresh air"!! woot woot for fresh air! It still wasn't as beautiful and perfect as back home, but it was nice to be around some fresh air and trees. The water was... uh.. still disgusting to look at... so I'll just wait to go to Jeju Island to see beauiful water, but it was a really fun day. We took buses in the morning and travelled about 30 minutes to this tree farm place. We were put into groups. I was with my Korean partner teacher Haley and then we got 2 extra helper Lauren and Jasmine (another Korea helper). We had a meeting the Tuesday previous to the field trip and Elisa, my preschool supervisor, was like "Oh and Kristen, dont' worry, we're gonna give you a couple extra hands for your Pooh Bears" haha. I think I've been a little blinded so far, because I just thought all the classes were like my Pooh Bears, but apparently I have the most intense 12 children class at the school! Lucky me! haha I'm okay with it though cuz the kids are getting better and well.. I'm just awesome and the one who could do the job!! :)
This is Haley teacher and I with some of the Pooh Bears. My air headed Camilla is sitting on my lap and actually looking at the camera... it's a miracle!!
So we went on a nature walk with the kids, had lunch, made a dragonfly necklace, planted a flower and played around a bit. It was super fun to just play with the kids and let them kind of go free, rather than having to tell them to be quiet and pay attention in class. It more of a boys and girls club type of outing and it was fun to just relax and play with my kids!!
This is Elliot and Tony in the background. Dad and mom, you remember when I used to sit in the back of the Toyota and pretend to drive with that lil strap thing... Well... these boys were getting a lil impatient and were a lil tired from the day, so.... I took out my shades and told them they were called 'stunna shades' and that if they wore them, they were in charge of driving the bus and making sure the other buses didn't beat us... haha... they LOVED it and 'drove' 25 minutes of the 30 back to the school.
2 comments:
Dad said...
Hah! There IS an advantage to being raised a Hill!!!! Spending 18 years being raised by the likes of your father allows you to be trained in make believe thinking and delusional thought patterns. That ought to qualify you for some interesting situations over there!
good work kristen teacher! you are so creative, and i loved our field trips, so it's good to hear you had fun. it's especially fun when you get to play outside, and i'm glad you had some pooh bear helpers :) sounds like you need em! lol
Post a Comment