
Yesterday was a pretty good day. I had a busy day at school and then grabbed some groceries on the way home. We finally got a guy to come fix our heater, so I met him at our house and it took him 10 minutes to fix whatever was wrong and cost $200.. not bad for a 10 minute job :) I decided to cut up my celery, broccoli, cauliflower and wash my grapes because for some reason if I don't wash and cut them up the day I buy them, I kinda forget I bought them and sometimes they go bad in my fridge before I can eat them. So they're all cut up and bagged properly so I can take them for snacks each day :) Then I cuddled up on the couch and watched biggest loser from this week cuz I missed it earlier. I picked Kait up from school just because and decided to go for a brisk walk before heading to bed. I went for about an hour and it felt great. I went down this huge hill and then turned around and went right back up it and my legs were burning a little bit by the time I hit the top. It felt good to get out and go for a mindless walk.
I've decided to go to Calgary for the weekend to see some friends. Kenzie is playing U of C on Saturday, so I'm going to catch her game and then U of C plays U of A for football too on Saturday afternoon, so I'm gonna hit that game too and meet up with Luke Sinclair and my friend Brandon Strauss too. I'm excited to get away for a bit and see some new faces. I get to stay at my auntie Lorena's, which is always a good time. They have been so great in letting me stay at their place if I ever need to, which is really nice. They have a beautiful house and I just always feel so comfortable going there! I'm hoping to meet up with Miss Julie Bogle too and hopefully we can catch up after a few years! Should be a fun weekend for sure!
I'm thankful today for whoever introduced me to frozen green grapes :) I just love love love snacking on frozen green grapes! Especially the big, seedless ones. Right now, safeway has really good big green grapes and I bought two containers yesterday to wash and freeze and I am just so excited to open a bag today to snack on. I remember last spring I went to Lynz' on my way home from Korea and she had some in her freezer and they were delicious. The key is making sure they're the big ones. The small grapes are good too, but no comparison to the big, crunchy ones. Mmmmm Mmmm good!!!!
Yes mom... I will work on getting some more pictures of me on here!! :)
Dear Person I Want To Give A Second Chance To,
I decided to take this one a little on my own path and it's actually giving this individual a one hundredth chance :) In all seriousness... as I was pondering this one, I thought 'well I would love to give everyone a second chance', so it was hard to come up with one person, but I started thinking back to my junior high and high school days and my old friend, Shantel, popped into my head. Shantel was one of my best friends growing up. She wasn't a member, but her grandma Jo was and she came out to a few activities with me and even came to a young women's camp where I remember her baring her testimony and I remember feeling the spirit so strongly when she bore her testimony. Shantel ran into some rough patches at a young age though. She started hanging out with the wrong crowd and started doing some things she shouldn't have. In grade 12, she started dating an older guy who introduced her to crystal meth... it all went downhill from there. She ended up going through rehab programs, got pregnant, had an adorable little boy, and is still struggling to get her life put back together. She hasn't just had to deal with overcoming drugs, but has also lost some key people in her life. In junior high, her boyfriend was killed while drinking and driving, her grandma Jo died when we were in grade 11 which really affected Shani cuz her grandma was a huge help with their family as Shantel's mom has had some medical difficulties, and her older brother was killed in a driving accident a year after we graduated. Shantel was an amazing athlete and is a BEAUTIFUL girl!! I have tried reaching out to her many times throughout the years, but she has just pushed me away or won't respond to my attempts. I wish I could just kidnap her and have her live with me so I could help her daily. I wish I could slap some sense into her and help her realize how amazing she is and the potential she has to do anything she put her mind to. I wish I could help her realize the love God has for her and the happiness and comfort she would feel if she would open her heart to the teachings of the gospel. I wish I could have my old friend back!! I will never give up on Shantel, but it has gotten to the point where I have to focus more on my life and the friends I have, but to always continue to be an example to Shantel and if an opportunity comes up where I can reach out to her again... I will because I still love her very much and miss that spunky, beautiful girl I grew up calling my best friend. I will keep praying for my friend Shantel and hopefully someday she will give me a chance to be there for her like I've always wanted to be. She is a child of God too and deserves all the happiness in the world!!
QUOTES:
' Each person is unique! In all creation there is no duplication. There never has been and never will be-- another you. If you don't develop your talents and abilities, who knows what the world will have missed."
'The average man never uses over 10% of his actual potential. If you had an automobile performing at 10% capacity, what would you do with it?'
'The greatest discovery of my generation is that men can change their circumstances by changing their attitude of mind" - William James
'Don't play the person you want others to think you are! Play the person you really are because you are proud of the person you really are!!'
1 comment:
I totally understand how great crisp fast walks feel! Great way to spend an evening!!! Got a little teary eyed about our friend Shantel, just cause she definitely has a place in our heart and home!!! It's amamzing how there is a special bond with certain people that never disappears with time!!! Have the greatest time in Calgary with some NEW faces!!!! luv your blogs still!!!
Post a Comment