Monday, October 18, 2010

It's Been a While...


Well today I am thankful for slippers!!! My feet are always cold and when my feet are cold... I am somewhat unhappy. I am one of those 'weird' individuals who have always worn socks to bed... except in the summer when it's too hot to wear covers. I don't know why some people thinks it's gross... I like it. I have also been a huge fan of drinking herbal sleepy-time tea and heating up my herbal beanbag while preparing for bed... I have slept very well the last few nights :)

Dear Person I've Lost Touch With,
I have a few friends that's I've lost touch with, but the one I'm most sad about is my dear friend Miss Julie Bogle. Julie and I played together on a Selects basketball team in grade 8 and were instant friends. We made effort to get rides to each others houses for sleepovers every once in a while and we always had a blast together. Julie is from Milk River and is now attending U of C. Julie was an amazing friend and was concrete at key times in my life. After high school, we didn't keep in touch as often as we did as youngsters, but every time we got together, it was like we had never been apart. Julie has done a lot of travelling and is very involved in her community. She was the president at U of C I believe and has always been motivated and driven to be successful in whatever she does. We have always been very respectful of the differences in beliefs and values between each other. Sometimes I feel like I was the reason we lost touch. I wasn't as good of a friend as I could've been. I'm not saying I'm a horrible person or friend by any means, but I think at times I was more selfish and wasn't thinking as much about putting effort into the friends I had around me, especially with such a good friend in Julie. Julie was always honest, dependable, kind, fun, and loveable and I miss her!! I think it's time for an email and plan a lil reunion for my dear friend Julie and I!! Can't let friendships like that just disappear without attempting to save or replenish it!

2 comments:

mom said...

It was great to have Julie at our house too! Always so positive and loved a great discussion! Glad that you're still keeping in touch! Have a fantastic day krissy girl!!!

lynz said...

i feel the same way in friendships sometimes. it's hard to remember that it's a 2 way street sometimes, and the effort you put in has a direct effect on what you get out. i'm glad this was one of your blogs cuz it will hopefully help fuel a reunion with your and one of your besties - yay!