So tonight I played my first basketball game with the women's league team I was invited to play on. It definitely showed that I haven't played competitive basketball for 2 years :) but I had a blast!!! We are playing division 3, which is... chill :) but still competitive enough that I still got 3 fouls in a short amount of time. I LOVED playing with Robyn Fairbanks again. She's just one of those players that you love to have on your team and would hate to play against! I did tweak my ankle, but walked it off and kept playing... welcome to the basketball life of khill :) I got some good blisters from my new basketball shoes too.. gotta work them out a lil more I guess :) I'm definitely looking forward to playing our next game on November 1st.

I'm also starting up hot yoga tomorrow morning which I'm excited, but nervous about. Should be very interesting. I've always wanted to sign up for a yoga class, but they're always so expensive. I got lucky this time and logged on to the website on the one day they had a special offer for students. The deal is unlimited one month for $25... normally a month is $140... so I decided to take advantage of it. The hard thing is gonna be if I end up loving it and not being able to afford to go back... but I'll deal with that when it comes... for now, I'll enjoy the cheap month and make it well worth my $25.

Today I am thankful for good music. It's amazing how one song can change the way you're feeling. I grew up surrounded by great music. I've always loved jamming out to my daddy's music and still love to hear the eagles, fleetwood mac, doobie brothers and others jam out on my computer or in my vehicle. Of course, I've gained a few other types of music that I enjoy and have learned to respect and enjoy all kinds of different genres of music. I like switching it up now and then and I think it keeps life driving to and from school interesting... I never know which type of music is going to pop up on my ipod. Music has offered a lot of comfort and joy in my life. There are songs that I love to work out to, songs I cry to almost every time I hear them, songs that make me smile, songs that make me laugh, songs that I can't help but bounce and dance to and songs that I can't help but belt my lungs out singing to. Im thankful I grew up in a house with music around and have grown to appreciate all kinds of different music!

Dear Person in a Different Province or Country,
Well I have a few friends that live in different provinces and countries... and I kind of feel bad for them. You see I grew up in one of the most beautiful places.. southern Alberta. Yes, I am biased... but I think there are a lot of aspects of this place to back me up. Of course, Waterton is a highlight. I was able to take a trip there in the spring with my mom one day and it turned out being one of the most perfect, beautiful days I have ever spent in Waterton. I love the mountains, lakes, canyons, prairies, coulees, and many other beauties of southern AB. If there is one thing I do not enjoy so much about southern Alberta, it would be the wind. I have thought many times, if only it weren't windy... it would be the perfect place to live :) As for Canada vs. everywhere else.. come on now... BC is gorgeous with mountains, lush trees, wildlife and more, Alberta.. like I said is stellar... and the rest of Canada.. well it's good too... but the west side is the bombdiggity.. :) I hope someday you come to your senses and move to the best place in the world!!!
I have also decided to stick a lil power thought in my blogs every day, which will help me remember to read them daily and something that can give ya'll and myself a boost daily too if you decide to use them :)
THE MAN WHO THINKS HE CAN
"If you think you are beaten, you are.
If you think you dare not, you don't.
If you like to win, but think you can't
It is almost certain you won't.
If you think you'll lose, you've lost.
For out of the world we find,
Success begins with a fellow's will --
It's all in the state of mind.
If you think you are outclassed, you are.
You've got to think high to rise.
You've got to be sure of yourself before
You can ever win a prize.
Life's battles don't always go
To the stronger or faster man,
But sooner or later the man who wins,
Is the man WHO THINKS HE CAN!!"
1 comment:
i think i can, i think i can, i think i can ......
Post a Comment