It has finally come... the day I get to drive back to my home sweet home of Raymond! I am so ready to get away from the city and be back in the stellar town I grew up in. I was never one of those kids that couldn't wait to get out of Raymond. I almost loved our little town! Of course, I was super pumped about getting out into the world and venturing out to discover new and interesting things that we, as Raymondites, were a little sheltered from, but every time I come around that 'S' curve on the home stretch after being away for a while, I get little butterflies in my stomach and can't help but smile and ponder some of the many great memories I have with friends and family in this small town :) Just a couple more hours and I will be on route to my favorite little town!!!
So my challenge for today was siblings or a close relative. It's obvious there's no way I could do just one... so this is going to turn into a bit of a more lengthy blog... enjoy..

Dear KHill Junior,
A whicka whicka (with magic fingers handshake)!! Oh what to say about my mini me (by name :)) These past few months have been so great!! I wasn't sure how it was going to be moving in with my little sister who is 6 years younger than me... BUT I must admit, it has turned out pretty dang fun! I'm so proud of you and all of your MANY achievements! These past few months have brought us closer!! We haven't lived this close or consistently in the same place for 6 years or so. I've missed having you around all the time and although we may get annoyed with each other every once in a while, I wouldn't change a thing with our living conditions! You make me want to be a better person in many aspects of my life and I'm so thankful for your friendship and spunkiness!! Thanks for always being there for me and being so patient with my imperfections! You are da bombdiggity and I just love you so much!
Dear CJ,
I am amazed at your potential! You have so many great talents and have such a great influence on those you are surrounded by! People can't help but be drawn to you and that is a gift that you have used to enhance and better other's lives. Doesn't matter what kind of mood I am in, when you want to make me laugh... it happens. You have such a great personality and when you are in one of your moods... there is no stopping the madagascar potential :) Your mission was a great testimony builder not only for yourself, but also for the rest of your family! My mission in Korea was directly linked to your mission in Arkansas and I know a lot of the growth I experienced in Korea was related to the spirit and testimony you built in your mission. With 3 sisters and a mom, I know the nagging can get intense at times, but it's only because we know your potential and the incredible ability you have to be a successful, well rounded young man! I love that we both share a love for sports along with the rest of our family and the dedication you have when you become passionate about something! You can achieve whatever you set your mind to and that is such a powerful tool to have in your life! Thank you for being the bestest little bro I could ask for! Love you so much!
Dear Lynz,
I have always described you to friends as the perfect older sister. You took over the older sibling mother role perfectly and the love you showed for all of your younger siblings was and still is very apparent. I always knew you would be an amazing mother and now there is proof with the 2 stellar bundles of joy you have in your life. I love our crazy dance parties and deep convos we have every now and then! Your advice is always treasured although I know at times it may not seem so. You example of spiritually staying consistent and strong has always been very inspiring to me and has caused me to raise the bar in my own life and strive to live closer to my Heavenly Father daily! I miss you a lot when I go home and the random funness we had. I promise when the man of my dreams comes along, I will get going on my own bundles of joy to join yours and then we can have some more fun as moms too! Thank you for always being that constant example! I'm so glad we were able to share our Korea experiences and I know that a lot of my growth came from the roots that you planted while there! Thank you for being such a stellar big sis! Love you so much!

Dear DRFT,
We thought we lost you after yours and Lynz' first break-up... but when I saw you at that ysa dance when you were engaged to 'other girl', I knew there was still some hope... and I was right of course :) Our family has been sooooo incredibly blessed to have you join our family! You are the perfect husband for Lyndsey and such a great father for your sons. The house is never dull with you around and I look forward to your geek potential every time ya'll are around! You, similar to Cars, can always make me laugh. I'm also very thankful for your example of persistence and hard work. Your commitment to school, church and family is very apparent and your priorities are exactly where they need to be! I so thankful that my older sis was able to find such a great guy and I can only hope and pray that I will be as lucky as her with my future hubby! You are great! Love you so much!

Auntie Patti,
You have always been the funky, sassy, loveable aunt and I've loved every minute we spend together! You have got style like no other and have a radiant confidence that is well deserved! Your love for your kids and grandkids is very apparent through your selfless acts of love and kindness. You are truly an amazing woman and I am so thankful for the opportunity I have had to live so close and to be able to spend more time with you! I look up to you and am so thankful for the listening ear, comfort and love you have shown to me throughout the years! Thank you for being such an amazing auntie and friend! I miss and love you so much and think of you often in my travels around the world!

Auntie Cheryl,
You and your family have had a huge impact on my life! I am so thankful for the love and friendship you have shared with me. You make me feel like I can accomplish anything. You are such a great mother and have amazing kids! I love love love your kids and enjoy spending time with them thoroughly! Thank you for being such a great example and for being so motivated in so many aspects of your life! You have such an amazing family who share the same passion and spunk for life! You are a strong and confident woman and have such a great influence on those you are surrounded by! I love you so much and am so thankful you are such a big part of my life!

Granny,
LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. PERFECTION - HUMILITY - ATTITUDE - PASSIONATE - FIGHT- STYLE - TALENT - BEAUTY - PATIENCE - TENDERNESS - GRACE - BEST FRIEND!!!! It's hard to put into words the feelings I have for you! You have been my constant best friend throughout my whole life. You have taught me many important life lessons through your example and guidance. You have offered comfort when needed. Your fire for life and learning has been passed on through the generations and will continue to be passed down as we all see the success and passion you have experienced through your years. Thank you for being you! I am the luckiest gal in the world because I have a granny and best friend who lives right across the street! I love you so much and am so thankful for everything you have done to support and show love throughout my life!!

Grandpa and Grandma Smith,
I am so thankful for the support you have shown me and our family with our sports, school plays, church callings and adventures throughout our lives. I am so lucky to have both my grandparents living so close and know I take advantage of having ya'll so close. I truly am blessed and I am so thankful. I love how every time we're near water, Grandpa has to start a water fight (that trait has been passed down to my mom also :)) and of course the silly jokes Grandpa has played on us through the years. Grandma has always been a wonderful example of kindness, patience and determination. Even when Grandma isn't feeling well, she still tries her best to get tasks done until either Grandpa or one of her kids or grandkids beg her to rest up! Our family reunions are always a blast and I look forward to spending time with the Smith side every year as we make new memories and catch up on each others lives. Thank you for striving to keep our family so close and for being a constant example for all of us! Love you both so much!
Bet ya'll are jealous at the stellar siblings and relatives I have eh!?!? And these are only a few... I could do this for days with the amazing relatives I'm surrounded by!!!! It's simple... I am blessed!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment