So this past weekend I had a blast at home with my family, BUT I also had a mid-term essay due Tuesday morning at 8:00 a.m. It was a bit stressful getting home at 7:00 Monday night and getting everything situated before settling down to buck up on my crazy teacher's Thanksgiving mid-term essay. Like seriously... what kind of teacher gives homework over the long weekend!?!?!?! It is done now, so no more worries... at least for a little while.
The reason my title is catch up is because while stressing over my essay and having a few late nights, I shafted my daily blog and have decided that today I will do a two-in-one blog, so prepare yourself.
First off... I'm thankful for hot showers! Tonight after having a long day at school and a tough workout (trying to work off some of those turkey/chimichangas/wings/pumpkin pie calories), I decided to jump into the shower for a quick rinse before going to institute. I could've stayed in their for hours!! I love steaming showers and baths!! They're just so stinking relaxing. First, I usually get shivers from my body adjusting to the heat and then just pure heaven! I would love to have a hot tub sometime in the future!!

Dear ex-boyfriend,
Oh you... It has been 6 months... there really was no closure.. I think that's what hurts the most. Sometimes I wonder if it hurt you as bad as it has and still hurts me at times. Don't get me wrong, I have continued to grow and live my life over the past few months, but I still have so many questions as to why you went from one extreme to the other. Was it all a lie? I don't think so... BUT the reality is... we're done. I'm better off without you now and I still feel sorry for you. You missed out my old friend. These last 6 months have been a roller coaster of up and down emotions connected to you. I wish I could've just forgot all about you that night, BUT it didn't happen, so now I will continue to focus on ME and on MY growth as a daughter of God. I deserve so much better and although at times it is hard to hang on to the hope, I know God must have a REALLY great guy out there for me!! I will not settle! I pray for you that God will have mercy on you and bless you again with an amazing, beautiful, passionate, caring, spiritual goddess... because that's what you are missing out on now. It is time. I have so much more to live for! I deserve the best and I will NOT settle.
Dear favorite internet friend,
Well I'm not sure if you actually exist... I mean I have a lot of friends on facebook, but I'm not sure if I have anyone that's my ultimate favorite internet friend. Most of the people I stay in touch with on the internet, I also do in person or on the phone and I would much rather do it in person. Sometimes it is nice to just shoot an email around, but face-to-face conversation is so much better. I do love typing though, so every once in a while, I get in little spurts where I select a few old friends that I haven't chatted with in a while and see how they're doing. The internet is great, but I already feel like I am so dependent upon it, I don't want to waste any more time.
So now it's back to the grind of school!!! I'm excited to be back in Edmonton and get going on a few of my new goals before Christmas holidays! I'm excited to make some new friends and have some new adventures this fall!! I am an FHE Ma and we have some really great activities coming up! Next week, we're splitting up and going out with the missionaries to knock on some doors and see if we can reach a few people... should be interesting! We also have an activity to go and play hide and seek in IKEA!! Tell me how awesome of an idea that is!!!


2 comments:
love it! dust is soooo excited about your splitting up with the missionaries, and i have never heard of such a great idea as hide n seek in ikea! so freakin much fun :) you're gonna be one amazing ma and a goddess is right!
Totally agree with the "no homework" for a long weekend!!!! I totally agree with the Goddess thing too and you definitely will not settle for less than what you deserve which is "the BEST"!!! I love all the great ideas for FHE and can hardly wait to see how all the fun ideas turn out! Enjoy your schooling and enjoy reaching your goals!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!! luv u
Post a Comment