
Ok, so first I'll explain our title. I woke up this morning freezing and apparently our heat isn't working, so Mich said she fixed it this morning. Well I get home tonight after a long to to a freezing lil igloo and want to cry cuz I soooooo cold. Hopefully we can get this figured out cuz it's not even that cold outside yet, but it is sure freezing inside! I'm gonna have to start having sleepovers at friend's places if this keeps up. I'm going to sleep in my parka tonight and maybe snuggle up to Kait too :)
Today was quite a busy day. School was good. After school my seminar group and I decided to buck up and try to get our seminar material all figured out before the Halloween weekend. We got to Brittany's house at 1:30 and I didn't get home till 9:00. It was a long afternoon, but we had a lot of laughs and good times together. It was nice to get to know the girls out of the classroom. We have a few more things to tie together, but we got most of it all done. We present on Monday and I think we will do very well!
Dear Person I Judged By First Impression,
I think most of us make judgments by our first impressions. That's why we're always told to make a good first impression. I have had many girls that I've played against that have met me in ysa and they say "wow, you're really nice" and I say "uh, well thanks" and they continue by explaining "well I always thought you were so mean from playing against you in basketball". If I was judged by everybody on the way I played basketball, I probably wouldn't have too many, if any, friends :) I think that a lot of judgments are made on how people look rather than who they really are. I know I've done it a lot. It's almost a natural thing for me to see someone wearing a certain type of clothing or wearing their hair in a certain way immediately I link them to a certain group. I don't like being judged in that way, so really it's not fair that I do it to others. I'm trying to work on this and keep my mind open. The saying 'you shouldn't judge another till you've walked a mile in their shoes' says a lot. I think most of the time, we don't have all the facts about what's going on in another's life and it really isn't fair to judge people so quickly when we don't know what's really going on in their mind of lives at that time. This judgment also has a negative impact on ourselves too. When we think negatively of others, I believe it makes us naturally think more negatively of ourselves also. Even if we don't especially like someone or they look REALLY odd, we should try to find something positive to say or think about them... it's amazing what this little act can do to our own attitudes.
QUOTES:
'Brigham Young once said, "Hell is when the person you are meets the person you could have become."
'Our purpose i life is to realize our full potential!'
'Take advantage of the infinite abundance that lies within you!'
3 comments:
Dad said..
I'll gladly trade you here for your igloo. I LOVE sleeping where its cold!!! There's nothing better than a little frost on your breath while you're wrapped up in the world's warmest sleeping bag or a really nice down comforter. You should know that: you woke up freezing to death half of your life because my window is wide open all winter long!!! Pile on the blankets kiddo and enjoy!!!!!
I say get it fixed ASAP cause i also know what its like to be cold!!!!! Not into paying $220 for a COLD place either!!! Good luck with your assignment and with your Halloween weekend which i'm sure you're dressing up for. put some pictures up!!!!!
diddo - where are the pics yo?!?!? glad you got your heat fixed!
Post a Comment